I’m going to discuss how to do makeup for a job interview. This can be modified according to what type of makeup you are comfortable in or what type of makeup makes you feel confident, to some extent. This makeup tutorial is part of the beauty panel challenge for FASHION Magazine.
The job interview makeup look I’m going for today is one that is professional, non-distracting and ideal for a conservative office setting.
It could also be great makeup for college or school, especially if you have a presentation in a business class.
Job Interview Makeup
Prep the skin with a moisturizer that suits your skin’s needs, then proceed to applying foundation and/or concealer to minimize any imperfections.
I would avoid a dewy finish for an interview. If your foundation, bb cream or tinted moisturizer is on the dewy side – then set it with a matte powder. It’s not necessary to go for a flawless airbrushed look, but you certainly want your skin to look well kept.
Neutral eye shadows and mid-toned shadows are easy to work with. However, if you prefer using lighter eye shadows, you can simply use a brown eye pencil to define the last line and then set it and blend it with a brown eye shadow (similar to this look).
A nude eye liner in the waterline (and a subtle inner corner highlight – if you like) will awaken the look of your eyes without looking overdone.
I just a ‘my lips but better’ lip liner and lipstick combo because a lip-liner helps your lipstick look more opaque and last longer.
I wouldn’t go for a darker shade unless you were doing an interview for a less conservative job or if you are really comfortable with not knowing whether you have lipstick on your teeth or not. Wouldn’t that be embarrassing?
Bare in mind that bright or dark lipsticks can also be distracting to an interviewer.
- Marcelle BB cream medium to dark
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer medium
- L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable warm 4-5
- Elizabeth Arden Mineral Powder SPF 20 04
- Elizabeth ArdenBronze Powder 03 Deep Radiance * (find here)
- NYX blush terra cotta
- Maybelline define-a-brow medium brown
- Urban Decay primer potion (find here)
- theBalm Nude ‘tude Eyeshadow Palette (find here)
- NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner Rue Bonaparte (find here)
- Maybelline Volum’ Express The Mega Plush
- Annabelle lipliner demure
- Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick Demure
I opted to only show a makeup tutorial because for the most part, I haven’t been styling my hair.
If you want hair style ideas for work, please let me know. Good luck! 😉
Please share and like if you enjoyed this postTweet