In August, I was taken aback by a complementary facial treatment with Biologique Recherche‘s international trainer. The experience was skin-gasmic to say the least. The brand boasts a less invasive approach to skincare, that is, no steaming or extractions are done during treatment. Their products are designed to improve the skin’s texture and tone over time. Best of all, Biologique Recherche products and treatments are now available in Montreal!
The Biologique Recherche methodology behind skin care has three states: the assessment stage, the initiation stage and treatment stage. First, an assessment is made to apply an appropriately tailored treatment according to skin type. Bare in mind that it is unlikely to have an entirely dry or oily skin; meaning that skin may have dry patches, sensitivity or oiliness in different sections of the face. The initiation stage focuses on the epidermis barrier. Finally, the treatment stage entails the use of products with high concentrations of active ingredients to “recondition” the epidermis and help regenerative properties of the skin’s layers.
Biologique Recherche skin care characteristics:
- high concentrations of botanical, marine and biological extracts
- no artificial fragrances to preserve the integrity of the formulas and lower the chance of allergic reactions
- cold made formulations of preserve the structure of active ingredients
- highest quality of active ingredients available
- products formulated to work synergistically with Remodeling Face Machine for immediate, dramatic results
After my treatment, I was provided with a few sample sized products to continue the regime at home.
- Lait VIP O – a cleanser which cleans and unifies skin exposed to harsh climates and pollution
- Lotion P50W – a toner/exfoliator which gently exfolitates and balances the skin’s epidermis
- Gel ADN Silkgen – a gel moisturiser which tones, moisturizes, protects and softens the skin
- Creme Dermopurifiante – a moisturiser which brightens and mattifies the skin, leaving it refreshed and glowing
- Masque Vivant – a face mask which brightens, tones, and refreshes the complexion
- L’Eauxygénante – a beauty mist which brightens the complexion and prolongs make-up hold
I must admit that I have been using them so sparingly so as not to use them all up! For instance, I take 2-3 drops of Lotion P50 and spread it on my face in a dabbing motion with my inner palms and not a cotton pad. Why? Because the cotton pad would just soak up all the goodness and that stuff is miraculous!
I suppose that I was somewhat underwhelmed by the Gel ADN Silkgen, but only because I had the tiniest sample of it and I couldn’t really formulate an opinion on it. It somewhat reminded me of the Illamasqua Hydra Veil in terms of appearance, only.
Check out my post BR treatment selfie below and see the results, but please ignore the little monster under my eye!
My skin one month after treatment, today…
Overall, even weeks later, I’m still impressed with the results. My skin has been looking great through sparing, but continuous use of the Lotion P50W. I’ve also enjoyed the Masque Vivant and Creme Dermopurifiante on my oily, and often times, acne prone skin. If you can spoil yourself with a BR treatment, you will not regret it!
Have you heard of Biologique Recherche and their products?
*I received a complimentary treatment and product samples to try at home. My opinions on the products mentioned are genuine.
Please share and like if you enjoyed this postTweet